Car insurance is something that today can be done quickly and that the coverage is effective immediately when the policy is purchased and the first payment is made. As the popularity of insurers continues to grow digitally, many insurers have the tools to be able to capture all the necessary driver and vehicle information in order to finalize the purchase and make coverage effective immediately. Here are several options to start the process:
We cover several topics in this article so you can be sure you can get a policy that works for you when you need it and most importantly fits your budget. Don’t hesitate to compare insurance rates and weigh your options in your search for cheap auto insurance; It’s important to know that any car quote you receive should be free.
- It may be cheaper to buy a policy online, as there are no operational costs of maintaining physical agencies.
- Almost all major carriers offer online quotes and purchases.
- Buying cheap insurance online is perfectly safe and reliable.
- The easiest way to get car insurance the same day is to purchase a policy online.
Average car insurance rates
To have a point of reference in the cost that you are being quoted, here we include a table with the average costs of the largest insurers.
|Insurance carrier||Monthly Rate||Annual Fee|
What information is required in order to obtain immediate coverage?
- Driver’s license number, date of birth, address, marital status, and other information for any driver on the policy.
- Recent driving history for any motorist listed on the policy, including accidents, citations, claims, or completed driving courses (this information can be obtained by insurers from a global database).
- Details about your auto insurance coverage history: Some companies require at least six months of continuous coverage before issuing a policy.
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle for which you are getting a quote. Every vehicle, regardless of whether it’s from a private seller or still at a dealership, has a VIN. This number is unique to each vehicle and tracks its history. If you can’t provide a VIN, make sure you can provide the year, make, and model. Most insurance companies will not issue a policy from a quote without a VIN.
- Mileage or Mileage of the car.
- Vehicle purchase date.
- Name of the registered owner.
In certain cases, the data above does not represent a final and firm list to receive an auto insurance quote, sometimes they may require additional data to those above in order to finalize the coverage. If you’re at a dealership and need auto insurance right away to get off the lot, you may be able to simplify this list by simply including your information (for example, if you have multiple drivers). Remember to call your insurance provider at a later date and update all the information as completely as possible so that the policy covers you in any type of situation.
Initial payment or deposit
Many of the insurers require an initial payment, which covers approximately 30 to 45 days of premium. If you cancel your insurance policy the day after it was issued, you will not be guaranteed a refund of that initial payment or deposit. Learn more about auto insurance with no down payment.
Auto insurance is required by law in the vast majority of the United States (the only exception is New Hampshire), where proof of insurance is not required. By canceling your policy after leaving a dealership, you risk receiving a ticket for driving without insurance. While rules vary by state, common consequences of driving without insurance include impounding your vehicle, license suspension, and costly fines that could significantly harm your driving record.
Do I need to get car insurance before buying a car?
It is our recommendation that you begin the search process prior to finalizing the purchase of the vehicle from the dealer or at the time of purchase from another person. Once you’re sure of the car you want, you can start that quoting process to get a competitive price from a competent insurer so you don’t feel rushed into going with the first option while you’re at the dealership just to get it done. the purchase and to be able to take the vehicle.
How long does it take to buy a policy digitally?
Much of this depends on how robust the platform and digital tools of the insurer that is quoting you or the one you chose for coverage is. In almost all cases it should take less than 1 hour to be able to buy and obtain coverage, in some cases it is possible to do it as quickly as in a few minutes if you have all the information at hand and your case is not one that requires special attention. . Here are some options to get you started right away:
How to get the cheapest insurance policy using discounts?
Once you have determined which vehicle you want to purchase, compare between insurers and apply all possible discounts.
Once you’ve determined how much coverage to buy, it’s time to compare auto insurance companies. Even when you opt for exactly the same levels of coverage with two different insurers, one company could be much cheaper for you than another depending on how they calculate their rates.
It’s easier than ever to compare cheap insurance quotes using online quoting tools. But you may want to talk to an insurance agent to make sure you get the most accurate quote possible. Many of the insurers have bilingual call centers that can guide you and help you in the purchase process if you feel more comfortable talking to a person on the phone. Once you’re online with the agent, they can direct you to discounts you may be eligible for, including:
- Safe Car Discount: If your car has safety features, like anti-theft technology or automatic braking, you may qualify for a discount.
- Policy discount: Savings offered for purchasing other lines of coverage with the same insurer. The most common discount of this type is a home and car insurance package, where you get big savings by buying a package that covers both assets.
Remember that you are most likely currently overpaying, in a study by the company Value Penguin, the majority of drivers spend an average of $384 dollars more than they could if they looked for quotes with other, more competitive insurers.